Tech Plasma ProcessingUnited States of AmericaR-0613392015 CSL Plasma
1 In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), responsible for collecting plasma samples and moving plasma units to freezer to ensure product quality.
2 Ensures plasma units are properly stored according to SOPs, which could include unsuitable plasma units and samples.
3 Ensures accuracy of unit labeling by verifying the pre-printed label matches the dynamic label.
4 Utilizes sterile technique to draw samples and uses heat sealer to assure the sterility and quality of plasma unit samples per SOPs.
5 May ensure samples and units are packed and shipped in accordance with SOPs and center procedures. Prepares shipping and unit disposal documentation.
6 Monitors freezer and refrigerator temperatures and immediately informs appropriate personnel if equipment is not functioning properly. Records variances.
7 Conducts daily calibration of equipment according to SOPs.
8 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
9 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
10 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
11 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
12 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
13 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
14 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum of three (3) months experience in laboratory or warehouse environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be able to perform basic math calculations
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions
• Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation.
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.