Asst Lab I - 2ndUnited States of AmericaR-1003342015 CSL Plasma
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Assists in non-licensed laboratory activities and recordkeeping at the company laboratory.
1 Assists in the preparation of materials for testing. Aids professional/certified individuals in the performance of various laboratory tests. These duties include, but are not limited to receipt and preparation of samples through front-end automation, refrigerated and frozen storage/archive of samples, use of computerized reports in retrieval and reconciliation of samples from archive for additional testing, and preparation of buffer materials.
2 Participates in continuing education.
3 Receives specimens and some supplies. Processes and records information received from collection centers. Handles and tracks donor samples from receipt to final testing.
4 Performs proper disposal of samples into biohazard containers after testing is complete.
5 Follows all safety regulations, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
6 Operates, maintains and troubleshoots instrumentation within assigned department. Uses company laboratory computerized inventory management system to locate, track and determine testing status of samples. May handle positive samples.
7 Works within current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) guidelines and adheres to all regulatory standards within the Lab.
8 Assists with monitoring of inventory levels for laboratory supplies applicable to assigned department. Notifies supervisor of inventory needs.
9 Other job-related duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Basic computer skills required. Previous lab-related experience preferred.
(physical & mental requirements)
• Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to reach a solution
• Understands complex problems to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
• Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work unit
• Ability to compose letters, outlines, memorandum and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information
• Standing and walking up to 3 hours with moderate amount of bending, kneeling, crawling, climbing and twisting
• Ability to lift or carry up to 10 lbs
• Overtime and working extended hours may be required to support Laboratory operational needs
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.