Process Technicians (Multiple Disciplines)United KingdomR-1002240605 Seqirus Vaccines Limited
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
Seqirus are hiring across a number of Manufacturing areas for Process Technicians The role holder will be a key employee in the manufacturing organisation. They will help provide (be trained in) the technical skill-sets necessary to manufacture high quality vaccines in a compliant, efficient, and cost effective manner.
1. To work in a safe manner in compliance with all pertinent UK legislation, Seqirus mandatory policies, guidelines and site procedures for Health, Safety and Environment.
2. When manufacturing ensure that all Departmental SOPs and MIs are followed and:
- Ensure appropriate control, monitoring and delivery of activities in their area of work.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed correctly, accurately in a timely manner and signed by the relevant personnel.
- Carry out final documentation review and sign off to ensure documentation is right first time.
- Ensure compliance to Health and Safety regulations. Consistently demonstrating the behaviours necessary to create a safe working environment for themselves and their colleagues.
3. To actively maintain and promote a cGMP compliant culture, ensure that the highest standards of housekeeping and safety are applied within the area in accordance with the Orange Guide and CFR regulations and to apply the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving, 5S ,Waste Elimination and Energy Efficient Activities in support of Continuous Improvement.
4. To maximise their individual contribution so that team objectives are achieved. To work as a team member, providing and receiving support feedback to team members and their team leader. To communicate and liaise with members of other teams, customers and suppliers in order to meet the business’s objectives. When required, to flexibly support other departments - providing adequate training is received and it is safe to do so. To suggest solutions to issues which may arise.
5. Attend all compulsory and allocated training courses required for the role. Ensure that all training is completed in a timely manner and that personal training records are kept up to date. To continue to develop new skills, competencies and behaviours to fulfil both current and future business needs. The role holder will be able to demonstrate the application of the skills required for their role.
6. To contribute ideas and action in order to improve team, process and equipment performance. To support process improvement and uphold Seqirus Values and Behaviours.
7. Support organisation change and process improvements.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies
- Basic knowledge of cGMP.
- Basic mechanical aptitude or knowledge of electronic / mechanical equipment.
- Ability to work in, training for, or practical knowledge of clean room environment operations.
- Ability to understand biological processes and underpinning theory.
- Local language.
- Willingness to learn new skills, motivated and ambitious to progress
Minimum Education Requirements
English & Mathematics GCSE.
Basic computer skills
Degree Qualification in a related field would be desirable
Desirable Experience Requirements
Skilled worker with relevant experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology sterile production desirable