Group Lead PhlebotomyR-0490752015 CSL Plasma
1 In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, (SOPs), performs all aspects of the pheresis procedure and plasma collection, including donor set-up, donor monitoring and donor disconnect.
2 In compliance with SOPs and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines performs venipuncture to begin pheresis process.
3 Evaluates vein performance of the donor to identify possible problems; makes necessary corrections in order to expedite donation time and ensure product quality and donor safety. Ensures donation process is efficient and makes adjustments when necessary to make the process a positive experience for the donor.
4 Educates new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donors’ questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
5 Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
6 Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
7 Provides guidance and technical training about processes and procedures to donor floor and other staff as required.
8 Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous turnover. Allocates resources to address donor backlog.
9 Performs calibrations and verifies that maintenance has been performed as outlined in SOPs. May respond to and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
10 Troubleshoots equipment failures, including creating incident documentation, removing and/or replacing equipment from service.
11 Responsible for changing supply lot numbers in the electronic donor information management system when new lot number is introduced into production.
12 Supports center management by providing input into staff scheduling, and resolves minor donor relations and technical procedure issues. Refers employee relations issues to center management team staff.
13 Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in SOPs.
14 Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
15 Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions. May conduct routine audits of these internal procedures and documentation.
16 Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
17 May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
18 Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
19 Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Minimum 18 months experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Specialized medical or phlebotomy training preferred
(physical & mental requirements)
• Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit
• Understands, remembers and communicates routine, factual information.
• Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe equipment operation
• Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100% of time
• Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
• Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
• Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
• Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures and to blood borne pathogens
• Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing specific tasks or in certain areas
• Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center operational needs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or other legally protected classifications.